HEH CIVIL PARTNERSHIPS
Cutters Rise 1B Residential Subdivision
Key Capabilities: Land clearing & bulk earthworks; Land remediation & landscaping; Sewerage & water reticulation; Stormwater drainage, Road construction, Environmental protection & maintenance works
Location: Gordonvale, North Queensland
Client: RLS Developments
Contract Period: 36 weeks
Duration: Nov 2021 – Sept 2022
About the Project:
The Cutters Rise project for RLS Developments is a 42.5ha infill subdivision ultimately comprising up to 400 lots in Gordonvale just twenty kilometres from the Cairns CBD.
In November 2021 HEH Civil began work in partnership with RLS Developments on the Cutters Rise Residential Subdivision in Gordonvale, Far North Queensland. The project was ultimately to turn a 42.5ha piece of land into 400 residential lots just 20Km from the Cairns CBD. The project included several HEH Civil services such as:
- Land clearing and bulk earthworks
- Land remediation and landscaping
- Sewerage and water reticulation
- Stormwater drainage
- Road construction
- Environmental protection
- Maintenance works
As with any project, the Cutters Rise Residential Subdivision came with its own set of unique challenges which our team enjoyed working through. These challenges included:
- Construction of a new roundabout on an existing road (Draper Road) which required multiple traffic management switches
- Existing services such as water mains and communication conduits needed to be worked around and required proposals lodged with respective authorities prior to commencement of works
- Inclement weather created unstable ground conditions requiring significant drying time
- Culverts for MSF rail lines were part of the groundworks and coordination was required to complete the works safely
At HEH Civil, we like to celebrate the achievements for each project. The Cutters Rise Residential Subdivision had 3 main achievements that we are proud to have produced.
We worked with the client and the consultant to review the design and ensure that the most cost-effective earthmoving operation was agreed upon.
When challenges arose with the existing water main in Draper Road, we were able to generate an alternative solution that saved unnecessary expense for the client – something we take seriously.
Part of the project included preparation for a future retirement village site which is greatly needed in the area.
The Cutters Rise Residential Subdivision is on track and due to be completed next month (September 2022). Civil construction projects such as this is what HEH Civil do best. We love to work in partnership with our clients and embrace the challenges that arise as we know that is what ultimately allows us to continually improve as a team.